Call for Participation
21st WORKSHOP OF THE EUROGANG PROGRAM OF RESEARCH
May 17 – 20, 2023
The 2023 Eurogang Workshop (EG21) is a collaborative effort between the University Pompeu Fabra (https://www.upf.edu/home) in Barcelona and the Eurogang Program of Research. There will be an International Conference featuring findings from the TRANSGANG and LEBAN cross-national research projects May 15 – 17 in Barcelona and the Eurogang Workshop will be held May 17 – 20 in Les Avellanes (http://www.monestirdelesavellanes.com/ca). Eurogang participants are invited (and encouraged) to attend the International Conference. Information for how to register for Transgang and related costs will be shared in early 2023.
Transportation to and from Barcelona and Les Avellanes for the Eurogang Workshop will be provided. Carles Feixa and Nele Hansen are the organizers of the International Conference and will coordinate local arrangements for the Eurogang Workshop. Finn Esbensen and Miriam Dyberg-Tengroth are responsible for the EG Workshop program. The theme for these events is “Gangs and Mediation: Researching Youth Street Groups in the Global Age.” Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit presentation proposals on this or other timely topics. Young scholars are strongly encouraged to submit proposals. Given the workshop format (i.e., attendees are expected to actively participate in all workshop sessions) the schedule will rely on panel presentations as well as discussants to stimulate conversation.
Two types of requests will be considered:
- Requests to present research results: Please submit an abstract of no more than 150 words, including a title, and names of all co-authors who would like to attend.
- Requests to attend as a non-presenting participant: Please submit a statement of no more than 150 words of your professional and/or research interests, with specific emphasis on how attendance at this workshop will enhance your development.
Submission: Space is limited and early submissions will be given priority. Submit abstracts or participation requests to: Finn Esbensen at email@example.com. Review of submissions will begin February 1, 2023 and invitations will be extended by March 1, 2023.
To assist with travel plans, the workshop will begin with transport from Barcelona to Les Avellanes on Wednesday afternoon (May 17), with dinner and a welcome reception that evening. The workshop will conclude at noon on Saturday May 20, 2023 with transit back to Barcelona Saturday afternoon. Please make travel plans accordingly.
Past EG Workshops:
- Eurogang XX: June 2022 – Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Germany
- Eurogang XIX: June 2019 – Canterbury, United Kingdom
- Eurogang XVIII: June 2018 – Rotterdam & Almen, The Netherlands
- Eurogang XVII: June 2017 – East Lansing, MI, USA
- Eurogang XVI: June 2016 – Gothenburg, Sweden
- Eurogang XV: June 2015 – Blaubeuren, Germany
- Eurogang XIV: June 2014 – Stavern, Norway
- Eurogang XIII: June 2013 – Canterbury, Kent, UK
- Eurogang XII: May 2012 – Stockholm, Sweden
- Eurogang XI: September 2011 – Hillerod, Denmark
- Eurogang X: June 2010 – Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Germany
- Eurogang IX: May 2008 – Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Eurogang VIII: May 2005 – Onati, Spain
- Eurogang VII: July 2004 – Albany, NY, USA
- Eurogang VI: July 2003 – Straubing, Germany
- Eurogang V: July 2002 – Straubing, Germany
- Eurogang IV: September 2000 – Egmond an Zee, the Netherlands
- Eurogang III: October 1999 – Leuven, Belgium
- Eurogang II: September 1999 – Oslo, Norway
- Eurogang I: September 1998 – Schmitten, Germany